Date: 13 February 2020
Venue: Malmö universitet
Address: Hörsal G8:125, Gäddan, Citadellsvägen 7
Organised by: Lärosäten Syd, the network of Universities in South Sweden
COST stands for European Cooperation in Science and Technology and is a funding organisation for research and innovation networks. COST is Europe’s longest-running programme to promote transnational cooperation between researchers from all over Europe.
Through so called COST Actions, research initiatives across Europe and beyond get connected and enable researchers and innovators to grow their ideas in any science and technology field, including social sciences and humanities, by sharing them with their peers. COST Actions are bottom-up networks with a duration of four years that boost research, innovation and careers.
Networking achieved through COST Actions has proven to be a beneficial stepping stone towards building consortia with European partners that go on to apply and receive funding from the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, currently Horizon 2020.
At this information day, you will learn more about COST Actions from the COST secretariat based in Brussels and understand how it can boost your own research career. You will also hear first-hand experience from peers across Lärosäten Syd, who are and have been engaged in COST Actions. The meeting will be held in English.
12:00 – 13:00 Registration and lunch
13:00 – 13:05 Welcome address
- Per Hillbur, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Malmö University
13:05 – 13:10 Introduction to COST in the context of European collaborative research projects
- Rickard Eksten, Brussels representative & Senior EU Policy Officer, Lärosäten Syd
13:10 – 14:00 Participate in COST Actions and submit a proposal
- Christer Halén, Senior Administrator – Science Operations, COST Association
14:00 – 14:15 Coffee break
14:15 – 15:15 What are the benefits from participating in COST? Examples of experience and best practice
- Martin Persson, Professor of Health Science, Högskolan Kristianstad & COST Action Chair for European Cleft and Craniofacial Initiative for Equality in Care
- Markus Fiedler, Professor at Department of Technology and Aesthetics, Blekinge Tekniska Högskola
- Roger Johansson, Professor at the Institute for Urban Research, Malmö University
- Jens Rydström, Professor at Department of Gender Studies, Lund University
15:15 – 15:35 National participation in COST and nomination procedures
- Birgitta Boman, COST National Coordinator, Vinnova
15:35 – 16:00 Q&A